Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our First Week

We survived our first week. Elsie is a big fan of her swing and the bouncy seat. I have learned that I can set the swing in our bath tub, put her in the swing, and then quickly take a shower. We are on our second bottle warmer. PS...when the box says you need AVENT bottles, the Dr. Brown's bottles are probably going to break said warmer. I got a new one that you can use with "most bottles" that is working beautifully. Since we took Elsie home from the hospital on January 3, I've been to Wally World, Target, and the pediatrician's office for a total of 4 hours outside our home. It doesn't help that we recently experienced the coldest weather since the late eighties in Southeast TX.

Elsie still sleeps a lot. Like 20 hours out of 24. It is insane. I am working on getting her days and nights straight. She is definitely more alert at night, but puts herself to sleep in about 30 minutes after I lay her down after feedings in the middle of the night. Today she was up from about 2:30 until 5:30 so maybe she'll sleep better tonight. Tummy time was fun and hopefully wore her out.

My family is here this week. We are having a good time cooking, cleaning, and organizing among the regular baby duties. My mother is doing the cooking and organizing. Chicken and Dumplings are on the menu tonight. Yums tums.

What else? Work has agreed to let me work part time from home for a while. I am to work 20 hours a week on a laptop they provide. This deal has been in the works since the week after Christmas and they are still working on getting a laptop for me. Gotta love corporate America. In the mean time I am enjoying not having to work and taking care of Elsie Lou.

This makes me wonder though. Those of you who are stay at home moms: what do you do to earn money (if anything?). Friends of mine make and sell jewelry, others monogram, embroider, and smock cutie pie kids clothes. What do you do besides take care of the kiddos ?

Love Y'all,
Ellen

1 comment:

  1. A lot of women I know have invested in big cameras and taken up photography or making birth announcements and cards on their printers. I would love to have a little store an sell gift items out of our home since we don't have a lot of boutiques in Arlington/DC.

    ReplyDelete