Thursday, February 25, 2010

Me and My Big Mouth

I read a blog called Dooce (link on the right) regularly...and found Momversation.com through her blog. It is a great site for moms. The women on here talk about everything you could ever think of when it comes to being a mom, raising children, marriage, etc. They are some pretty funny ladies.

So the other day when looking for preemie stuff that was not as depressing as the March of Dimes share site (no offense, but it can get doom and gloom on there) , I went to Momversation and searched "preemie," "prematurity," and "premature baby." The closest result was a pice on the Octomom that well, wasn't exactly what I as looking for. They have a "contact us link" and a generic email address. So I sent an email letting them know they could really use some more info on preemies that is not so depressing as other stuff out there.

Long story short....I will have a guest blog posted tomorrow on their site. I didn't feel like I could suggest they need more information and then say no. Right? It is a post about my experience in the NICU. I was determined not to dwell on the ugliness that everyone always talks about. Not that it was all roses and champagne, because CLEARLY y'all know it wasn't. So the post is about how the nurses taught me everything I know about caring for a baby...and how they made our NICU experience much less painful.

I'll post a link once the post is up. They will also post a link to this blog. Which could get interesting.

Love Y'll,
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment