Monday, December 14, 2009

And we're back


It's been seven days since my last post. Sorry guys. I got busy....


So in the last seven days Fancy and Papa Jim have visited, we got a new puppy, and had a virtual baby shower. As far as the puppy goes; to those of you who just said "WHAT?! Are you nuts Ellen?" (like my mother did). The answer is yes. As I told Fancy, we like to keep the crazy meter running at about an eight (out of ten) in this house. So the newest member of The Bailey Family is Beatrix Bailey, born October 17. She is a cocoa colored Shih Tzu, and also a spitfire. She and Elsie will be great friends one day. Rudy is starting to play with her, and I am trying to keep her away from the pool.


We had a great visit with Fancy and Jim. The nursery is finished thanks to Jim putting up the curtains and hanging the artwork. I will post pics. I would also like to point out this was a group effort. Ryan and I painted the walls; Ryan, my Dad and Grahammy put the crib together; Jim put up the curtains and artwork with input from Fancy. I love that. Thank you all. We couldn't have done it without y'all!


Elsie is doing well. She did not gain much weight last week. This is because she had been nursing twice a day and is not able to nurse strong enough to express any milk. So we are teaching her with a supplemental nursing system (SNS) and she is continuing to get feedings through her nose tube. We did this at her 5 pm feeding yesterday and she gained 40 grams. So a few more days and then we will try again with no (SNS) and/or introduce a bottle.


Currently she is 1740 grams...so we are hoping she gets out of the isolette in the next week or so. Can you believe that? Progress, people.


Love Y'all,

Ellen

3 comments:

  1. I love her new picture! Ellen, she looks just like YOU! So glad she is doing better...can't wait for her to get to go home. I want to kiss her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture and post. Aunt Sarah Beth misses yall

    ReplyDelete