Thursday, July 22, 2010

You know you're old when...

1. You are most at peace when everyone is safe and sound under the same roof. My mother in law checked on her kids at night until the very last one moved out. Now, she didn't get up and check in their rooms every night. But she was certainly listening for the garage door to go up when we arrived home safe and sound. I never really understood this until now. Not that my MIL is old; but hello, adulthood, when did you get here?

2. You feel victorous when calling an appliance repair outfit to repair your dishwasher instead of blowing a ton of money on a new one. In my previous life, I have spent more money on a pair of shoes or a handbag than it was to repair my dishwasher today. SIGH.

3. You actually consider job security in a new position. Never before have I actually thought; now will this job be here 5 or 10 years from now? But now I do. Because I have a baby to feed and diaper. And maybe just a little bit, so I can splurge on expensive shoes or a handbag. Just a little.

Love Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment