Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summer is here again


If you live in Southeast TX, summer sometimes stretches from the beginning of May to Thanksgiving. This weekend is supposed to be one of the hottest yet. So what do you do when it is so hot? Get in the pool! Ryan convinced me that we needed a pool when we were discussing requirements for a home. When we saw the backyard on this house, with the pool, we were in love. I do not know how people in the greater Houston area survive in the summer without one. As my Dad, a former pool care taker, says :"it's a bottomless hole into which you throw money." And this is totally true; but goodness gracious isn't it worth it? To me it is.


So last weekend was Elsie's first official pool experience. We took her to the pool with the girls. She was not a fan of the cold water until she got used to the temp and figured out it would cool her down. When we got home I started looking on line for infant pool floats with a shade on them. I ordered one on Tuesday and it came on Friday. Gotta love Diapers.com and free two day shipping!


Yesterday afternoon I put her in it. She loves me pulling her through the pool as she kicks her feet! The pic is of her "lounging" while her butt sits on the first step. So funny. Nothing can keep her fingers out of her mouth....


Love Y'all,

Ellen

1 comment:

  1. is she trying to cut some teeth already? such a cute float (and little girl)!

    ReplyDelete