Thursday, June 3, 2010

Back in Business

We made it to and from Conway to celebrate Memorial Day Weekend. Each year Ryan and his Dad play in a golf tournament and the girls go to the parties and lay at the pool. It's a tough job, but someone's got to officially welcome Summer. We had a great time. Team Bailey dominated and won their flight!

Elsie has been eating cereal in the morning for over a week now. She seems to have finally gotten the hang of eating from the spoon; but still insists the cereal is warm. Funny how even at only seven months infants can prefer warm food to cool/cold. I wonder, will she hate ice cream? So next week I think I'm going to add sweet potatoes to the cereal at dinner and see what happens.

I hate how spending several days in a row with your family (that lives out of town) makes you really really miss them when you get home. We love The Woodlands, don't get me wrong. Just every time we come home or they leave us to go home; we wish they didn't have to. We have a great time and I love seeing Elsie with them.

If it takes a village to raise a child; can my village include Birmingham, Conway, DC and The Woodlands?

Love Y'all!
Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment