Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bad Things Happen in "Threes"

The last two weeks in this household have been crap-tastic to say the least. My mother always said that bad things come in threes. This HAS to be number three, Internet.

I will write more about the professional side of the insanity later.

Most of these issues revolve around the joys (read: OMG moments) of home ownership. Saturday we had to get the garbage disposal replaced. Fine. Not a huge deal. I can TOTALLY live without a garbage disposal. A huge check for such a small job in my opinion, but whatev.

Last night as I was laying in bed I thought "hmm, it's pretty warm in here." So I turned down the thermostat and got nothing. Nada. For those of you who know our history; me and the AC don't get along well. This is the SECOND time it's gone out since we've been in this house. The unit is original to the house (almost 11 years old) so I am always in a panic when the temperature outside rises in fear that our unit is going to give out.

Luckily, John Moore (whom we may actually own stock in after these shenanigans), was able to get someone out here today and fix it. Well, rig it up so it is fixed. For now. It is our AC Circuit that needs to be replaced. The nice technician said "this is only the fourth time I've seen this." Of course...because that's what happens in Baileyville. Whatever wild and crazy scenario that can go on, will go on. Especially when my husband is unable to deal with the issue.

So an electrician will be here tomorrow to repair the circuit.

And for those of you who are counting, number three is: someone stole my debit card number and tried to drain our entire checking account. Entire. Checking Account. Thankfully, we have "flags" on our account if someone tries to spend over a certain amount of money. So when you try to spend over $900 at Amazon.com Bank of America is going to shut you down.

Trying to stay positive: Bank of America has been so helpful in dealing with this situation and at this point it looks like they only got a small sum of our cash money. Which will be returned to us. Secondly, thank you John Moore for fixing my garbage disposal and rigging my A/C unit and sending out an electrician. You are one stop shopping for home repair issues, and for a stay at home Mom, it doesn't get much better than that. Thirdly, thank God we are all healthy, and for the most part happy.

Love Y'all,
Ellen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellen, I've never commented on your blog before, but I'm from Conway and have know the Bailey's for years (I'm a year older then Katie). I had a preemie as well, and Fran had told my mom about Elsie, so I've enjoyed reading your blog and hearing how she is doing. Anyway...I had to comment about what you said about daycare. That is truly the only reason I work and it is VERY rare to find someone else who admits it! I died laughing! I was teaching kindergarten, but couldn't balance it all after my 2nd baby, so I am now the director of the preschool where the kids go. It is perfect, because I am with them all day, but I don't have to do all the diapers, feedings, etc. and I can keep my sanity! Anyway, you gave me a good laugh today, so thanks! Amy (Duncan) Horn

    ReplyDelete